5 Things You Need to Know Before You Get CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive and non-surgical treatment that has many benefits. To find out if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting treatment, reach out to the team at Southwest Michigan Dermatology in Portage, MI today to book a consultation appointment.
Table of Contents:
What type of specialist does CoolSculpting?
How many times can you CoolSculpt an area?
How many sessions will you require?
Difference between CoolSculpting and Liposuction?
How long is the recovery period from CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting has become one of the most popular weight loss treatments, and there are many reasons that have contributed to its booming success. While many people have heard of the results CoolSculpting can achieve, there is more to know about the procedure before booking an appointment.
When deciding who to go with for CoolSculpting, there are many important signs to look for. To start, those who are licensed and approved to perform CoolSculpting are:
– Trained technicians, nurse practitioners, and doctors;
– Certified CoolSculpting practices; and
– Practices that have Zeltiq equipment for CoolSculpting.
With each treatment, patients in our office see an average fat reduction of 20-25%. It generally takes an average of 2-3 treatments to achieve optimal results, depending on the patient’s body composition and outcome goals. 30 to 45 days after the initial treatment, a second treatment is scheduled. While it takes about two to three months to get a general idea of the final results, as long as a stable healthy lifestyle is maintained, the results are long-lasting. The number of cycles does not have an impact on or increase the risk for Paradoxical Hyperplasia.
In general, the number of treatments needed depends directly on several factors, including:
– How many areas are being treated
– Amount of unwanted fat in these areas
– The desired end results
CoolSculpting appointments last about 45 to 60 minutes; most patients will need at least one to three treatment appointments to achieve their desired results.
A single treatment may be adequate to achieve the desired results for those who have a mild to moderate amount of fat in one or two areas of the body. At least two to three sessions will be necessary to achieve the goals for those who have greater amounts of unwanted fat or want to treat more than two areas of the body.
Liposuction and CoolSculpting are two very different procedures; there are many differences between them, including:
– Liposuction is a surgical procedure for fat removal whereas CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical procedure for fat removal.
– Using a cannula (suction tool), liposuction physically removes fat from underneath the skin; using a cooling device applied to the area treated, CoolSculpting freezes off fat cells.
– Healthy people with large areas of fat are an ideal candidate for liposuction; healthy people with smaller pockets of fat are ideal candidates for CoolSculpting.
– They also vary in duration, with liposuction taking up to several hours, whereas the duration of CoolSculpting is 35-60 minutes.
– The side effects for liposuction are a lot more severe, and include pain, swelling, bruising, and numbness, as well as rarer side effects such as skin infection, internal puncture wounds, blood clotting, and allergic reaction. The side effects of CoolSculpting are much more mild and short-lasting, and may include: redness, numbness, swelling, bruising, itching, as well as Paradoxical adipose hyperplasia in rare cases.
– The recovery period for liposuction is approximately one week, whereas there is little to no recovery time with CoolSculpting.
– The number of treatments that are needed is also different: liposuction usually only requires a single treatment, whereas with CoolSculpting, it usually takes one to three treatments to see the desired results.
There is no recovery time associated with CoolSculpting, however mild side effects may be experienced, such as bruising, stiffness, redness and swelling. While these side effects are typically mild and temporary, they can last as long as a week in some cases.
Trust the true CoolSculpting specialists at Southwest Michigan Dermatology. Our medical professionals are dedicated to providing you with all of your CoolSculpting needs. Call us today to book an appointment for CoolSculpting, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 2750 Old Centre Road, Portage, MI 49024. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Portage MI, Kalamazoo MI, Milwood MI, and Vicksburg MI.
Additional Services You May Like
▸IPL Laser Treatments
▸Laser Hair Removal
▸IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
▸Pharos Excimer Laser
▸Superficial Radiation Therapy
▸MOHS Micrographic Surgery