What to do After CoolSculpting for Best Results?
For the best CoolSculpting results, it is important to follow the appropriate aftercare instructions. The CoolSculpting specialists at Southwest Michigan Dermatology in Portage, MI can help you make the most out of your treatment by providing you with the tools you need for long-term results. Call us for more information.
CoolSculpting can provide amazing weight loss results, and to get the biggest benefit out of this treatment, it is important to follow the after-care recommendations. In order to receive the best results, many patients have to make lifestyle changes, such as eating less and exercising more. Understanding the effects that CoolSculpting has on the body can help to get the most benefit out of the treatment.
How is CoolSculpting performed?
The CoolSculpting procedure is based on a technique known as cryolipolysis, the process of freezing fat cells in the treated area until they crystallize, causing them to die off—a process known as apoptosis, or programmed cell death. The body naturally consumes fat and removes dead cells over time, therefore much of the process occurs naturally. To mobilize the fat that has been liberated from the damaged fat cells, a massage is performed following a CoolSculpting treatment.
What can I expect for my first visit?
The first visit often includes an assessment. As part of the assessment, the doctor will review the patient’s desired goals as well as confirm their suitability for the procedure. After the doctor has confirmed the patient’s condition, they will perform the procedure using a handheld device. The device has applicators that resemble the nozzles of a vacuum cleaner. After applying a gel pad and applicator to the targeted area, the applicator delivers controlled cooling to the targeted fat. While administering suction and cooling technology to the target area, the provider will then move the device over the skin.
Overall the procedure involves minimal pain, however it is common to experience some feelings of pulling and pinching during the process. To break up any frozen deep tissue, immediately after treatment the provider will massage the treated areas. While some people complain that this massage is slightly uncomfortable, this process helps the body absorb the destroyed fat cells.
How to Speed Up CoolSculpting Results?
The two best ways to get the most out of each session are planning meals (diet) and starting an exercise routine. While most of the work falls in the hands of the treatment provider, because of the difference in metabolism, genetic makeup, and aftercare routine, the timeline of results will vary from other patients.
- Planning Meals: The best thing to do after a treatment is to start putting more intention into what foods you eat. By eating fresh fruits and vegetables, high-protein meat, and whole grain, you will get more out of your treatment. Because water also plays a central role in helping to flush out the unwanted fat cells from your body, increasing the amount of water you drink every day does wonders for your diet.
- Start An Exercise Routine: Your first investment in a more active lifestyle are body contouring procedures like CoolSculpting. A major part of increasing the chances of achieving more satisfying results involves starting an exercise routine after treatment, because: it will equip the body with the necessary tools to naturally remove fat; it will release dopamine, the hormone responsible for feelings of fulfillment and pleasure; it will complement the new sense of confidence that body contouring delivers; and it will tone up your body, producing a tightening effect on the skin that sags from significant fat elimination.
What to avoid after CoolSculpting?
After CoolSculpting, it is just as important to avoid some actions as it is to implement new ones. Things to avoid include:
- Lingering in high-stress environments
- Comparing your results with other patients
- Measuring your fat freezing progress by weight
Call us today to book an appointment for CoolSculpting, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 3000 Old Centre Road, Portage, MI 49024. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Portage MI, Kalamazoo MI, Milwood MI, and Vicksburg MI.