Southwest Michigan Dermatology Portage, MI
IPL at Southwest Michigan Dermatology Portage, MI
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) at Southwest Michigan Dermatology Portage, MI
We Offer Quality IPL Laser Treatments to Help Smooth Out Fine Lines and Wrinkles. Call (269) 215-6616 to Schedule Your Treatment Today!
IPL, or intense pulsed light, is a laser treatment that is used to treat lesions on the skin that have been caused by environmental skin damage and aging. The laser works by generating an intense beam of light. The beam focuses its energy on a specific site on the skin where the light from the laser is absorbed by red blood cells carrying oxygen and melanin. This causes decomposition by heat of damaged cells while leaving healthy cells intact. There is very little postoperative care needed – usually just application of an ointment. Final results from the IPL treatment for vascular lesions should be evident in 10 to 14 days, and 2 to 3 weeks for pigmented lesion.
Conditions treated with IPL
- Telangiectasia – facial spider veins caused by a dilation of capillary vessels or arterioles
- Cherry Angiomas – slightly raised, red lesions
- Spider Angiomas – slightly raised, red spider-like lesions
- Rosacea – red facial lesions around the nose and cheeks causing a sunburn look
- Lentigines – a flat, brown spot on the skin present on skin with frequent sun exposure
- Keratoses – slightly elevated pigmented spots often found on the back and hands
- Freckles – a brownish spot on the skin common on people with fair skin
- Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra – small, black marks seen primarily on people of Asian or African descent